Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gessoing and painting and thinking about Amazon


I've been thinking a lot about selling art on Amazon. It's been up for a little less then a month now. We have sold one small painting and two larger ones. The two larger ones were sold to a previous collector and he talked the gallery way down. still not a decision i agree with but I don't own the gallery so it's not my call. I guess after all the hard work I put into it I was hoping for a little more action. I don't know, folks wake up one day and decide they do want to buy art. But really, I guess, we are just giving those who do more options. I do think folks are looking to have more hand made things in their life. Otherwise Etsy wouldn't be so popular. Right? I have another project for the gallery that I want to launch before winter, but I'm not sure that will be possible. But that's a secret until I get it all worked out. 

Meanwhile: Nick is buying a house. Yay! The person who out bid him couldn't get a loan. yay! well, bad for that guy, but eh he'll find his dream home. The day after the signing for the house we are going to Seattle to see one of Nicks buddies get Wedded. In October He goes to Africa and I go to Michigan to see my Sister. Also, I've started spinning yarn with a spindle. I kindof love it.

I've been working on two paintings lately.  I have the commission coming up and a few ideas. I'm going to paint some cats, because I have four of them and they  are apart of my life and that's what i do. 
here's one of the paintings i'm working on.
It should be a little lighter, but oh well. 
i'm also Gessoing two birch panels. One is for the large commission. I am quite excited about that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with yaeh, I hope the more eyeballs the better the sales, otherwise what's the point....have fun in Mich, fall there is grand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see i guess. I think they said they were going to start pushing the advertising in October but I've seen some ads already. And really those were three paintings sold that wouldn't not have otherwise, so lets hope it keeps going that way.

      Delete